menu   Home About Me Creations Advertise Copyright  

CURRENTLY APRIL

A little jump on the month...
How much are you dreading April Fools tomorrow...
I AM or are you one of those peeps that likes it...
you sicko...
I mean how many times can you take a 4th grader saying
YOUR SHOE IS UNTIED... APRIL FOOLS... no really if I had a dollar every time I have heard that one...
I would be on my own private island...
I am one of those teachers that enjoys the fact that St. Patrick's Day falls on the weekend...
sooooo just the thought of all those UBER CORNY NOT FUNNY TO ME April Fools
gets me all kinds of maybe I should call in sick...
but I can't or I won't and so I will trudge through those silly
OK really STUPID jokes and smile
and because I don't want to talk about that anymore....
we will
get this Party Started...

A BIG THANKS GOES TO OUR SPONSOR...
 I have actually met Mrs. Crystal and
she is a RIOT...
a fellow TEXAN with a passion for life, fashion, and fun...
fingers crossed we will meet this summer TOO!!!
I wish I was at Crystal's school because  Bub starts Kinder soon and our kinder teachers
are retiring and that gets me all kinds of stressed
and I am POSITIVE Crystal is AH-Mazing
I mean look at her top 3


#1 ELA Super Heroes... 
 http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/ELA-Super-Heroes

Meet Nelly Noun, Patty Pronoun, Abe Adjective, Sequencing Sally, Syllable Sam, and Victor Verb...our ELA SUPER HEROES!! This unit teaches you how to introduce nouns, adjectives, pronouns, verbs, syllables, and sequencing! She has included the Common Core standards and TEKS that this unit meets.  This set includes how to create the charts, chart examples, flash cards examples of each area, and a corresponding student writing sheet.


 # 2 Insects and Lifecycles MEGA UNIT
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Insects-Lifecycles-MEGA-Unit-for-Literacy-Math-Science-Centers

 In this unit, you will find 124 pages of math & literacy, science, and writing center activities
ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FOUR PAGES
HOLY COW!!!! 

AND #3 March and April Early Finishers Tub
Now when students finish early, there are activities ready to go for them and peace can be maintained while others are still working. In the set, there is a guide as to how she sets up the  tub and introductions for the activities. She keeps about a dozen containers and folders in her tub for each month. These are activities that can be done over and over, interdependently or with a partner, and quietly. Most importantly, learning has continued after they have finished their current assignments. 

thanks Crystal for sponsoring our APRIL CURRENTLY...


Kreative in Kinder
and if you want to be a sponsor please head up to the advertising tab

AND NOW>>>>>>>>>


I can't tell you how heart warming it is to have so many of you join this...
I never in a bajillion years thought I would have a linky party that had so many party goers...
it is very UNREAL... and amazes me every month...
so I thank you
I {puffy}heart love you with all of my BUTT
I would say heart BUT my butt is bigger... LOL
ha ha ha
no seriously THANK YOU!!!

* we have been listening to thunder for like HOURS...
we rushed home from Grandma's to beat the rain... WHAT RAIN????
only KA BOOMS...
* had a weekend full of celebrations...


Photo: Cousins <3
 my nephew had his 5th birthday party and we had Easter...
made me Happy Happy HAPPY
*STAAR test is our state test... my fourthies have writing tests Tuesday AND Wednesday..
Enuff about that... because if you can't say anything nice...
* we need RAIN RAIN RAIN... so I should have this in the NEED but I want it too
* does Easter have the bestest yummies or what...
I am a Cadbury Eggoholic... I freeze them and eat them frozen COLD solid...
OH MY GOSH!!! DELISH
now my booty needs to walk like 500 miles to work it all off.
* ADVICE...
my advice is for blogging/TpT
be the BEST you can be...
don't compare yourself to others...

do what you can do and do it to your best ability...

BE YOU and BE TRUE



and now your turn


Don't forget the rule of 3... comment on the 2 links in front of you and the one after you...it is nice.
on the ADVICE one... give advice for blogging,  or selling, or creating, etc...
if you want to join but don;t know how....
look at the bottom of this post to find links for directions :)



and IF you need directions....
here are some LUVERLY links for you
be sure to tell them THANKS in their comments section... it is nice :)

a PDF for Mac
http://chickadeejubilee.blogspot.com/2013/03/march-currentlyand-tutorial-hopefully.html

IPAD and IPHONE
http://reyesremarkablerants.blogspot.com/2013/03/currently-march.html

Power Point
http://albuquerqueamysfirstgraders.blogspot.com/2013/03/march-currently.html

VIDEO
 http://confessionsofateachingjunkie.blogspot.com/2013/03/march-currently-with-tutorial.html

55 comments:

  1. I'm not last for once! And I'm first, that's a shocker!

    Love your advice! Sometimes it's easy to get caught up and compare yourself to others, but everyone is different <3

    You can have our rain! We finally had sunny weather the last few days and even hit the 70's the last few days.

    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love your link ups :) I ate way too much Easter goodies today too!!

    Caitlin
    Kindergarten Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl you make me laugh out loud! Ugh- Stupid Staar. As a former 4th grade writing teacher I will be saying ALL kinds of prayers for you and your kiddos- although I'm sure they will kick boo-tay! If we lived closer I would totally bring you a bottle of wine for each night....cuz that's the way I roll.....maybe I'll just drink a bottle each night and send you pics- that's kind of the same right? LOVE YA!
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE YOU GIRL!!! and sending me pics is good!!!

      Delete
  4. I love the currently link ups!!! I need to walk off Easter goodies, too!!

    Bridget
    Little Lovely Leaders

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck to all your kiddos on the STAAR! I don't teach a test grade but I'm having to be an administrator on Tuesday and Wednesday.

    Marcy
    Saddle Up For 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes, I've had STAAR on my mind too! Not because my kids are taking it, but because I am giving the test to a couple students needing it administered in a small group!! Thank you for your awesome currently! :)

    Kelli
    Surviving the Little People

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the laugh! I learn so much about everyone through these linky parties. Does your e-mail just explode for a while?! This has been one of my favorite Currently images so far! So cute!

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I secretly check our school calendar for both St. Patty's Day and April Fool's Day every year. Lucked out on BOTH this year. Woo-Hoo spring break! I'll be thinking about you. ;)

    Christi =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't even get my started on the Cadburry Eggs! I threatened my husband with bodily harm if I did not find those yummies in my basket this morning....I got 10. I was happy. Have you ever had the chocolate filled ones? They taste just like a truffle...excuse me as I wipe drool off my keyboard.:)
    Jean
    Diving Into 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best of luck with the yucky testing!
    Please send us some rain. We are a bit dry over here.
    I am ready to inhale some Easter goodies. The crunch egss are my ultimate favorite!
    tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sending good vibes your way for the STAAR test and rainy weather! Thanks so much for hosting such a fun linky. :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooohhhh - FrOzEn Cadbury eggs? How fun!!!! Bet the chocolate ones go especially well with wine! I'm on it! Hehehehe - Lisa
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi from your newest follower. :) I cannot wait to write my currently and link up! Hope you had a great Easter.
    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ugh, I wish I had enough patience to wait for the eggs to freeze to try them frozen-- I barely get out of the supermarket before I've unwrapped them ;)

    Btw, the pic of your little guy and his smile is sososo stinkin' CUTE!

    Happy Easter!!

    ~Stephanie
    3rd Grade Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  15. So excited to be linking up again this month! Now if only I could get in the habit of doing it every month... I WILL get better about this. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for hosting this! It's so much fun! Hope you had a wonderful Easter!
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete
  17. I look forward to this each month! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Never had a frozen Cadbury egg, but so love a frozen REESE'S egg. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...might have to pick some up on clearance tomorrow! Mmmmmmmmmm!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a complaint ---- when I'm tired at work tomorrow, can I blame you?! I'm so thoroughly enjoying reading through and commenting on Currentlys that I can't make myself go to bed. I guess it's a good problem to have though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was really good this year, I only ate 1 Reeses egg!! I agree this is a happening party!! I had to link up again though, my first link wasn't working:(

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for another great party, Farley! :0)
    You sure do know how to throw a good one! :)

    XOXO,
    Tamara

    Mrs.Russell's Room
    First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am also needing to walk off the chocolate I ate yesterday & today...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm FINALLY doing another currently-it's been so long!

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for hosting once again. Love me some frozen chocolate... And peeps... And jelly beans...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Easter Farley!! Enjoy the Cadbury eggs (omnomnomnom).

    Emmy xx
    Daydreams with Miss D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Farley you must be keeping Easter Bunny hours. :) I remembered to check the blog all day yesterday and this AM the Currently is up before 8am! Thanks for hosting. Great graphics as always.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for including advice as part of the linky - can't wait to hop around and learn from everyone. Looks like you had a great Easter.

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  28. Always fun to link up for Currently! I always find a few new blogs to follow and a few laughs to start the month!
    Have a great one!
    Michele
    Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you for your AWESOME currently! I have now spent an hour reading through others and found so many great blogs! I appreciate you bringing us all together SO much! Happy April and spring :)

    Amelia
    wherethewildthingslearn

    ReplyDelete
  30. I did it....I finally did your Currently! I've been too afraid to try, but I finally did it. YEAH! :)

    Tracey
    Third Grade All Stars

    ReplyDelete
  31. My thumbnail did not show up and it will not let me click on the red x to delete and try again. The pinterest button keep coming up instead. Can you delete it?

    Thanks!
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If You Give a Teacher a Treat is mine, number 184

      Delete
  32. Being away from Currently for a few months is like having bad hair days, over and over!!! SO happy to be back with you this month!
    PS: If you have found a trick to unloading all the Easter extra lovelys, be sure to let me know!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ok little Miss Thing...lol.....as usual my head was in the sand and had NO clue you posted this last night...so I'm thinking I'm all that and then some when I posted today (home with an unused hurricane day) and then see that I am by the 200s.....girl you are crazy famous!!! Well, at least I was able to link up this time:))) Happy Monday:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you for hosting this linky! I have seen them around the blogging world but this is my first link up. It looks like you had a great Easter.

    Krystyn

    Ms. Richards's Musings

    ReplyDelete
  35. Good luck with STAAR this week! My thoughts are with you and your kiddos!

    Stephanie
    Elementary My Dear

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the currently graphics and alphas this month {and every month...} :) Thanks for a great linky!

    …andtheyallfalldown...

    ReplyDelete
  37. May the STAAR scores be ever in your favor. Ours are tomorrow and Wednesday, too.

    I heard about roaches behind me, I don't like yous, and the ever popular "Who's at the door," routine from my 7th babies... at least I didn't offer brown-E's today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks for hosting the Currently linky party. I look forward to it every month.

    Good luck to you and your students on STAAR Tuesday & Wednesday!

    Kristin
    Teachntex

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm a first timer!!! Thanks so much for hosting such a fun linky!!!

    Melissa
    First Grade Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks for another great Linky! Good luck on testing!

    TeachingandLearning

    ReplyDelete
  41. I also wanted to wish you luck with STAAR. I love the advice part, I've had fun reading everyone's suggestions.

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  42. Good luck with STAAR! I know we have to be *extra* quiet in the halls this week...gotta love testing!

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  43. I got sick and couldn't enjoy the candy! Still can't think about eating it even two days later! Too bad that wouldn't last! :) Love your advice! Thanks for hosting this linky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, I am one of the sickos that likes April Fools Day! :) However, I was sick and didn't get trick my kiddos! BOO!! :)

      Delete
  44. My daughter's birthday is April 1, no one believed I was in labour so after that non-April Fool's joke, the day doesn't even phase me. Thanks again for some awesome CURRENTLY

    ReplyDelete
  45. So glad I joined! I heart cadbury eggs too! Not many people seem to understand!

    Iteachkidsabc@gmail.com
    :o) V.
    Special Teacher for Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
  46. Yay! I think I just successfully joined my first Linky Party!

    I too adore Cadbury easter eggs- and luckily I scoffed myself silly all weekend because I've now promised a friend of mine I won't eat any chocolate or sweets until her baby arrives in June because she's not allowed to so I'm sharing her pain haha!

    Now I'm off to check out the Currently's before mine!

    Thanks for setting this up!

    From your latest follower!

    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  47. My first time!!
    www.missthirdgrade.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. I really enjoyed linking up for this! Thanks so much.

    Bouncing through 3rd grade

    ReplyDelete
  49. I'm your newest follower and I just linked up to the April Currently (sorry I'm so late). I'm a new blogger and I love the idea of blogging about something that's not 100% school related. Thank you for this fun link up! http://tellsofatitle1teacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

~ I {PuFFy} HeArT comments!!!! THANK YOU!!!

JuSt an FYI

This policy is valid from 25 July 2011

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.

The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/